It seems that my reflections back in spring and summer of this year about turning, becoming sixty years old, have been helpful to other people in the same boat! So I am making a list of relevant posts right here, with a link to each. I invite all those caring and loving daughters (out there), who might want to share these ruminations with their Moms (or Dads), who seem perplexed or bewildered about reaching this ripe "older" age - to link in ... with great love. For, folks, what can I say? I am having the time of my life!
- Becoming strong to say goodbye (November 15, 2008)
- Count down begins (April 10)
- Quote of the day (April 16)
- Count down continues (April 19)
- Gaining on pain (April 20)
- One more month (April 24)
- Faces of sixty (May 2)
- Giving it all away (May 5)
- Keep it real (May 7)
- Pre and Se ... Quels (May 17)
- Being me (May 28)
- Post Quel to turning sixty (June 2)
- Holding still (June 7)
- See you tomorrow (June 10)
- Love, love, love (July 8)
- Pleasure in the small stuff (July 16)
- Pieces life takes out of you (August 7)
- Reviewing the situation (August 16)
Here I am ... right here and now ... Yes indeed, I made it through! ... to ... the new and improved sixty year old Tamarika!
[Early September - four months after turning 60 - thanks to Mark Anderson]
[September 19 - taken by a colleague at a conference in New Jersey]
And ... finally ... September 25 ... taken by colleagues in Buffalo this past weekend ...